UDFC 50/50 – Draw Date July 31- The winner’s pot is almost $2500 !!!
The UDFC online 50/50 is underway. The cut off to sell tickets is July 30th at 5 pm. All e-tickets will be printed out and the winning ticket will be drawn at the UDFC office on July 31st at 8 pm.
Look for your email from Experience Fundraising and follow the directions to sell the tickets. Good luck!!
#WhyiPlay campaign- UDFC Finalist – VOTE HERE!
Soccer Nova Scotia has created the #WhyiPlay campaign, which allows soccer players in our region to express why they LOVE the game of soccer. Our own UDFC U12 Girls Whitecaps are in the running! Please follow the link and cast your vote! It is literally a click of a button. ALL UDFC members and friends should vote at least once.
Our club could win:
- $2,500 for Club Development initiative (proposal required for release of funds)
- Amazing prizes for the U12 Whitecaps team
Deadline to vote July 31st, 2019. So get Voting! No sign up needed – just vote online for UDFC U12 girls. VOTE HERE!
UDFC Fun Run – Smash Success
Thanks to Madison and her crew for a fantastic UDFC Fun Run. We estimate over 300 people attended for the run/ walk and fun after party. Highlights included the run/walk, dunk tank, penalty shot competition, bouncy castles, face painting and of course, soccer! Great social event. Thanks so much to Hyper Amusements and Baker Tilly for hosting and to Debbie Smith – All Points Travel and Accel Physiotherapy for attending as club partners. Thanks to Sobeys, Forest Hills for the lemonade. It truly was a fantastic event. Well done, team!
Congratulations to Volunteer Appreciation Winner, Chris James, whose name was drawn and will receive a club track jacket!
Summer Camps are underway!
Register through the office on online. Our camps are well supervised and led by our excellent club staff. Camps are a very affordable $150 and include afternoon swims or supervised activities.
- August 5th – August 9th – Soccer Camp -Week 4- Dartmouth High/ Dartmouth Sportsplex
- Week 5 – August 12th – August 16th – Soccer Camp -Week 5 -Cole Harbour High/ Cole Harbour Place
- Week 6 – August 19th – August 23rd – Soccer Camp -Week 6 – Dartmouth High/ Dartmouth Sportsplex
UDFC Premier Teams Update:
Mens – The UDFC AAA Premier Men’s team is currently in first place.
Women- The UDFC AAA Premier Women’s team is currently in third place.
Click here for the full schedule and standings.
NSSL FINALS ANNOUNCEMENT: As result of a partnership between the NSSL, Soccer Nova Scotia and HFX Wanderers the downtown Halifax home stadium of the HFX Wanderers will be hosting the finals of the 2019 NSSL Men’s and Women’s, on August 17,2019
For the first time ,the top men and women’s teams in the league will play for their respective titles in a doubleheader at the iconic Wanderers gounds. The stadium will provide an opportunity for the province’s best amateur senior players to play in a professional venue.
The women’s final will kick-off at 3 pm with the men taking to the field at 5:30 pm
Tickets for the doubleheader are general admission and are priced at $ 15 for adults, with youth tickets (12 and under) priced at $ 10. Prices include taxes but are subject to an online service service fee. Tickets are available online now at www.tickethalifax.com/go/NSSL-
Congratulations to our teams who represented UDFC out of province.
Peter Lee’s U12 Whitecap Girls enjoyed a very successful and fun tour of Montreal this past week. Highlights included a Montreal Impact game and exhibition games with local teams. This team represented UDFC very well.
Congratulations to Trevor Hall/ Sandy Matharu’s U13AA’s team on their gold medal win in the PEI Eastern Eagles Tournament.
Did you know? New Office Hours
UDFC has new office hours – We are now closed on Saturdays until the Fall Registration session opens.
The UDFC office has special holiday hours this week:
Closing early – Tuesday, July 30 at 4:30
Wednesday – regular hours
Closing early – Thursday, August 1 at 4:30
Friday – regular hours
Closed on Natal Day Monday
Teams and programs will make their own decisions if they train, etc on Natal Day.
Email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to share wonderful news with the club!
You can find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @UnitedDFC.
Help us celebrate – tweet on social media when great things happen to UDFC players and families. Email email@example.com for anything you think should be communicated in Need To Know. Deadline is Sunday at noon each week.
Summary of Important Dates:
- Monday, July 29 – Eastlink TV Game – UDFC Premier Senior Men vs Valley 6:30 pm Kick off – Mainland Commons, Halifax
- July 30 @ 5 pm – cut off for UDFC 50/50 tickets sales
- July 31 – UDFC 50/50 ticket – Winner Drawn
- July 31 – Soccer NS #WhyIplay Contest closes – VOTE
- August 5th – Natal Day – Happy Natal Day!! Office Closed.
- August 5th – August 9th – Soccer Camp -Week 4- Dartmouth High
- Week 5 – August 12th – August 16th – Soccer Camp -Week 5 -Cole Harbour
- August 17- NSSL Senior Finals – Womens 3:00, Mens 5:30 – Wanderers Grounds
- Week 6 – August 19th – August 23rd – Soccer Camp -Week 6 – Dartmouth High
- Aug 17/18 Soccer by the Sea Year End Jamboree for U10C, 12C and mini teams