Office will be closed Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Thank you for your patience over the last couple of weeks as we put the final touches on the Registration system. The Registration is OPEN, as of September 22, for the following programs:
- MINI PROGRAMS – U5, U6, U8 & U10C
- NSSL COMMUNITY PROGRAMS – U12C, U13B, U15B & U18B
- NSSL – SKILL CENTRE PROGRAMS – U7/8, U9, U10 & U11
The “Expression of Interest” Registration Closes Monday, September 30th with the intention to name the following competitive/ performance teams on October 7th
- NSSL – U12 Prospects, U12 Whitecaps, U13A/AA, U15A/AAA, U17AAA, & U18A/AA
Link to Winter Registration – https://udfc.demosphere-
We are continuing with our Multi-Sport/Activity offer this winter. This season’s Multi-Sport/Activity option includes all of the practices and half of the games for all of the NSSL listed programs above. All NSSL games are on the weekend. So if you are participating in other sports or have other activities on weekends, then this may be the program option for you. See our Winter Program descriptions – https://udfc.ca/winter-
50/50 Fundraising – Current Total Amount $1450 – Winner takes close to half.
The winner’s take home prize is over $600. The September 30th draw date has been moved to Tuesday, October 1st.
We’ve received many questions about the 50/50 Experience Fundraising Opportunity that we have presented to our members. It is worth clarifying a couple of items:
- The revenue generated from the 50/50 goes to the individual member that sold the tickets (approximately $0.41/$1.00 of tickets sold). It is not a fundraiser for the club.
- The funds are secured by UDFC and can be used by the member for:
- Future Program Registration – Programs, Camps, etc.; or
- In-store purchases.
- Funds raised now through February could be used for next summer’s registration. So, even if you do not play winter, you have the opportunity to sell 50/50 tickets to help support your 2020 summer registration.
The intent of this opportunity is to provide a mechanism for you, our members, to help cover registration fees. This program is similar to the Sackville Minor Hockey and the Glace Bay Minor Hockey Associations 50/50 programs, but with electronic tickets. The key to the success of the program is to have as many members as possible participate in the program, thereby raising the pot, which then creates a desire to buy tickets, which then makes it easier for you to sell tickets. Many members of the Sackville Minor Hockey Association currently play hockey for FREE due to the program. We want you to have the opportunity to play for FREE too! See below links:
Parent Program Information Meetings
Attend these information meetings to learn about significant program changes to some programs (Skills Centers and 11 a side 15 & 17 AAA) and to learn about the winter programs. (Note: The dates has been revised since it was first posted in the need to know last week.) All meetings will be held at the Woodlawn Library. If you missed the presentations from last week, please check next week’s need to know for the link to the presentations.
All families were emailed information about UDFC’s new Jersey 4 Life program. That email and Frequently Asked Questions may be found this link. Thank you for your support. https://udfc.ca/2019/09/22/udfc-jersey-4-life-program/
Senior Teams Fundraising – Both our AAA Women and Men are going to Nationals!!!
Both the men’s and women’s team have ties to UDFC programs and teams at all levels as volunteer and staff coaches. We are so proud of these players and coaches for their hard work and dedication to soccer and to our club. Please consider supporting them on their quest for National Gold!
To purchase UDFC 50/50 tickets in support of the UDFC AAA Women’s Team – click HERE
To purchase UDFC 50/50 tickets in suport of the UDFC AAA Men’s Team – click HERE
Article of the Week for Parents
In addition to an immediate need for volunteers in the office and to help with inventory, UDFC is looking for volunteers to help with the following. All tasks are relatively easy and it is fun to get to know new people and help build the club. Email email@example.com
- Spirit Committee
- Social Media Committee
- Special Events Committee (can volunteer for specific events or be a general volunteer at events)
- Office Volunteers (HELP!!)
- Program Coordinators (support for non- technical aspects of programs)
- Coaches (always needed)- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Managers (always needed) email@example.com
Save the Date: UDFC goes to the Mooseheads – February 22, 2020
Sections 15-20. Tickets will be available in late October.
Summer Soccer Photos
All summer soccer photos are ready for pick up at the UDFC office. The office is located at 75 MacDonald Ave, Unit 4. Please check the website for updated office hours.
Did you know?
You can trade in your used cleats for a “new to you pair” at the UDFC office or purchase a “new to you” pair for $5.00. This is an other way we are trying to help our families keep their costs down. We have over 50 pairs at any given time. Donations always welcome! We have a huge range of sizes. Check office hours before coming in.
Share your wonderful news with us on social media. Like/ Tag United DFC by adding @UnitedDFC on your social media posts.
You can find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @UnitedDFC.
Summary of Important Dates:
- September 30- Expression of interest for competitive/ performance teams closes.
- October 2nd 6-7:20pm – Skill Centre Program Parent meeting – Woodlawn Library
- October 2nd 7:30-9pm – A & Prospect Program Parent meeting – Woodlawn Library
- October 7 – Competitive/ Performance Teams named for winter season
- October 8-14 – UDFC AAA Mens and Womens at Club Nationals in Nfld.
- October 12-14– Office closed Thanksgiving Weekend (Sat, Sunday and Monday)
- Week of October 21st – Training starts for Skill Centres, U12-U18 A/B/C Team Programs
- Week of November 4th – Training Starts for U15/17 AAA Programs
- Week of November 4th – Games start for NSSL teams (except 15/17 AAA teams)
- Week of November 11th – Training Starts for Mini and U10C Programs
- December 21 – Last Saturday the office is open until February.
- February 22 – UDFC goes to the Mooseheads Game