UDFC Men win Bronze and Women Capture 5th at the 2019 Canadian National Premier Championships!!!
The United DFC men and women had outstanding performances at the 2019 Club Championships this past week in Newfoundland. UDFC is so proud of all of the players and coaching staff who represented the club and themselves so well. Watch some of the archived games HERE.
The men completed the round robin with a 2-1-1 record and won BRONZE against Alberta (2-0) in their final game. Look for a National Bronze medal when you next visit the office!!
The women completed the round robin with a 1-2 record and defeated Ontario in sudden death penalty shots to be named the 5th best AAA womens team in Canada!!
Club Conversations with UDFC President, Rob Gillis
Do you have questions about United DFC? Do you have ideas that will improve the club for all its members? Are you interested in getting involved? Are you wondering what our plans are for the short and long term? If you are, please mark your calendar for the dates. You can come as a player, team, parent, coach or manager and talk with our club’s President, Rob Gillis. Location: United DFC Office from 7:30 – 9 pm
- Monday, October 28, 2019
- Monday, November 25, 2019
- Monday, December 16, 2019.
Schedule Update – Families should have received an email about the schedule.
Our programs are quickly filling up. Please remind your friends and family to register ASAP for the following programs.
- MINI PROGRAMS – U5, U6, U8 & U10C
- NSSL COMMUNITY PROGRAMS – U12C, U13B, U15B & U18B
- NSSL – SKILL CENTRE PROGRAMS – U7/8, U9, U10 & U11
Come Try Soccer has been postponed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements to attend another free session and try indoor soccer.
AAA Registration issues
The fees for the AAA program were missed during the programing of the registration process. Anyone who has already registered without fees will be contacted with information about how the fees will be applied.
UDFC is Looking for a Senior Coordinator/ Rep
Senior Soccer is important to UDFC because our motto is “as many as possible, for as long as possible, in the best environment possible”. Senior teams have different requirements and challenges than youth teams. UDFC is looking for a coordinator to support our senior teams at all levels through communication, coordination and support for programs. Senior teams manage themselves, they just need a little support along the way to make sure they don’t miss any information and to connect potential players with the teams looking for players. If you are interested in this important (but not stressful) position, please email email@example.com
We are continuing with our Multi-Sport/Activity offer this winter. This season’s Multi-Sport/Activity option includes all of the practices and half of the games for all of the NSSL listed programs above. All NSSL games are on the weekend. So if you are participating in other sports or have other activities on weekends, then this may be the program option for you. See our Winter Program descriptions – https://udfc.ca/winter-
Payment Plans Available
Register online as usual and watch for the payment plan option as you proceed through the registration process.
MSVU Kick For A Cure
The Lost and Found Items from the summer will be cleared out this Saturday!
Article of the Week for Parents
Article of the week: Your Children are Watching & Listening to You.
Summer Soccer Photos
All summer soccer photos are ready for pick up at the UDFC office. The office is located at 75 MacDonald Ave, Unit 4. Please check the website for updated office hours.
Did you know?
UDFC has brand new stylish rain jackets for sale at the office. Men’s and women’s styles $90 each. (Men’s photo Left, Women’s photo right)
Share your wonderful news with us on social media. Like/ Tag United DFC by adding @UnitedDFC on your social media posts.
You can find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @UnitedDFC.
Summary of Important Dates:
- October 19- Lost and found items will be donated after 12 noon
- October 20- Come Try Soccer POSTPONED
- October 20- MSVU Kick for a Cure games – wear pink – 12 & 2 Mainland commons
- Week of October 21st – Training starts for Skill Centres, U12-U18 A/B/C Team Programs
- October 28, UDFC Office 7:30 – 9 pm- Club Conversations with the President
- Week of November 4th – Training Starts for U15/17 AAA Programs
- Week of November 4th – Games start for NSSL teams (except 15/17 AAA teams)
- Week of November 11th – Training Starts for Mini and U10C Programs
- November 25, UDFC Office 7:30 – 9 pm- Club Conversations with the President
- December 16, UDFC Office 7:30 – 9 pm- Club Conversations with the President
- December 21 – Last Saturday the office is open until February.
- February 22 – UDFC goes to the Mooseheads Game