Invitation to Register – Make sure to complete full registration ASAP
If you have received an invitation to join a U12 Prospects, U12 Whitecaps, U13 A/AA, U15A, U18 A/AA please ensure that you register ASAP to ensure that you are receiving up to date communication from your team.
If you have a navy or green jersey and have not yet returned it, please note that jersey deposit cheques will be cashed the week of October 28. Please ensure you return your jersey before or on Saturday.
UDFC Small Group Training
- We know the players already, and we can share the Feedback Forms with Mike to better allow him to design sessions and coaching points around what your child needs to improve.
- Sessions being at ECV, it keeps you in the Dartmouth/CH/EP area.
- Early mornings also means that the sessions will not conflict with other arrangements.
- Mike Locke is the perfect person to lead the program with his experience leading the last Canada Games team meaning he knows what the players need to reach the highest level.
- Small groups mean more attention per player.
- Group work is more realistic to the game, than individual sessions.
Club Conversations with UDFC President, Rob Gillis
Do you have questions about United DFC? Do you have ideas that will improve the club for all its members? Are you interested in getting involved? Are you wondering what our plans are for the short and long term? If you are, please mark your calendar for the dates. You can come as a player, team, parent, coach or manager and talk with our club’s President, Rob Gillis. Location: United DFC Office from 7:30 – 9 pm
- Monday, October 28, 2019
- Monday, November 25, 2019
- Monday, December 16, 2019.
Jersey 4 Life pick up can be picked up at the UDFC office any time this week
This is for all programs wearing the Navy jerseys – EXCEPT AAA players who have not fully registered and paid the Jersey 4 Life fee at this time. Mini Players – you are not paying the Jersey 4 Life fee and your winter jerseys will be delivered to you at the first practice.
The United DFC 2019 AGM will take place on December 1st
Location is to be determined.
AAA Registration issues
The fees for the AAA program were missed during the programming of the registration process. Anyone who has already registered without fees will be contacted with information about how the fees will be applied.
Lower Registration Costs- Can you help us build a travel prize?
UDFC continues to try to help families reduce their own registration costs by offering personal fundraising opportunities that benefit the individual. These are NOT club fundraisers. (Including the UDFC 50/50).
We are looking for any members with ties to airlines, travel agencies or the hotel industry that could help us put together a travel package to sell tickets on where members get back almost the full amount of the ticket sold to use towards registration. We have secured Toronto FC and Montreal Impact Tickets. We are now looking for the air fare and accommodations to build these prizes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
Article of the Week for Parents
Did you know? UDFC has a Code of Conduct for Athletes?
UDFC Code of Conduct for Athletes:
As a member of a United DFC team you will conduct yourself in a manner consistent with our values. For example, you will:
● Advise coaches if you will not be able to make a practice or game. This will be done with as much notice as possible.
● Play by the rules and with a positive spirit of the game
● Control your temper – fighting and verbal abuse can spoil the activity for everyone
● Do your best to be a team player and a positive example for others
● Remember that winning isn’t everything – that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing your best are also important
● Acknowledge all good players and performances, regardless of whether it is your team or your opponent’s team
● Remember that coaches and officials are there to help you. You will accept their decisions and show them respect
● Refrain from the use of profanity while attending practices, games, any fundraising or
organized sponsored event
● Not engage in verbal or physical threats or abuse aimed at any coach, parent, player,
participant, on-field official, league official or any other attendee
● Not initiate a fight or scuffle with any coach, parent, player, participant, on-field official, league official or any other attendee
● Not take or damage property belonging to others (or public property)
● Not taunt or tease or be emotionally hurtful
● Not make remarks based on physical characteristics, race, gender or sexuality
● Not make unwanted physical contact or sexual comments
● Not initiate or participate in name-calling, sarcasm, spreading rumours or teasing
● Not engage in bullying
● Act safely at all times when partaking in United DFC activities; wear the appropriate attire during training and games (e.g. shin pads and appropriate footwear); not swing on the goal posts or cross bars; or any other activities identified or deemed unsafe by coaches, parents, other players, officials or league officials.
Share your wonderful news with us on social media. Like/ Tag United DFC by adding @UnitedDFC on your social media posts.
You can find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @UnitedDFC.
Summary of Important Dates:
- October 28, UDFC Office 7:30 – 9 pm- Club Conversations with the President
- Week of November 4th – Training Starts for U15/17 AAA Programs
- Week of November 4th – Games start for NSSL teams (except 15/17 AAA teams)
- Week of November 11th – Training Starts for Mini and U10C Programs
- November 25 UDFC Office 7:30 – 9 pm- Club Conversations with the President
- December 1 – AGM – Location TBD
- December 16 UDFC Office 7:30 – 9 pm- Club Conversations with the President
- December 21 – Last Saturday the office is open until February.
- February 22 – UDFC goes to the Mooseheads Game