Congratulations to Zach Bauld, Skills Center TD
It is with a mix of sadness and pride that we announce that Zach Bauld has decided to move on and up from United DFC. Zach is our Skills Centre Technical Director and he has been hired to fulfill the position of Grassroots Manager with Soccer Nova Scotia. Zach was the Technical Director for the Dartmouth United Soccer Club between 2012 and 2018 and then played a critical and lead role in the development, structure and success of the U7-U11 Skill Centres within United DFC since 2018.
We want to thank Zach for his 8 years of dedication, enthusiasm, motivation and the approachability he has provided to the players, parents, coaches and managers in the Dartmouth, Cole Harbour and Eastern Passage areas. He is a strong leader with a positive demeanor and valuable communication skills that will serve him and SNS well in the future.
The office will open on Monday, January 6th at 11am after the Holiday break. The office will not be open on Saturdays until March 1st. Office Hours Link
Mooseheads Game – UDFC is going back to Moose Country – Feb 22
United DFC heads back to Moose Country!! Join us on Friday, Feb 22 @ the Halifax Mooseheads Game vs Rouyn-Noranda. Puck drops at 7 pm. Join us in sections 15-20. Get tickets at the UDFC office for $15 each.
Club Website- Under Construction
Our club webmaster and U16A Girls coach, Scott Collens, has been working hard to bring you our new website through demosphere. Watch for the announcement of the new site in the coming weeks. While we transition, our current website has been doing some strange things and posting old information. Thank you for your patience while we work through these kinks. If you need any information in the meantime, please email your coach or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-ed Adult Kick Around
Registration for the adult kick around is now open. The time has changed FROM Saturday afternoon TO Sunday evenings 8-9 pm. Just like Recess Soccer, you show up, make teams and play! There is no referee and the group makes their own calls. It is a lot of fun. All welcome!
- The program will run from January 12, 2020 – June 2020
- Games are held at East Coast Varsity in Woodside Industrial Park on Sundays from 8-9 pm
- Play is open to men and women 19 years of age or older.
- Cost: $210 until June or drop in fee: $10 per session
- Full Registration: https://udfc.demospheresecure.com/_registration#welcome
- Open to EVERYONE! Parents, Friends, Volunteers – Men and Women 19 and older. All levels welcome!
- Email email@example.com for more information.
Small Group Training Update
UDFC is pleased to announce our Small Group Training is back with a revised schedule. Participating players are seeing improvement in their skill level and enjoying the challenge of a high quality, engaging session tailored to their specific needs and areas to improve. National B License coach, Mike Locke and his staff continue to run the small group sessions. One noteworthy change is the addition of a Sunday EVENING session for U9 and 10 players. Please visit https://udfc.ca/2019/10/28/udfc-small-group-training/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Sessions are $40 each. Some groups are as small as 2-3 players. Players get specific feedback and individual instruction with high repetitions.
- Tuesday – U13+ (option 1) 6-7:30 am
- Wednesday – U12 Girls and Boys 6-7:30 am
- Thursday – U13+ (option 2) 6-7:30 am
- Friday – U11 Boys and Girls 6-7:30 am
- Sunday EVENING – U9/10 boys and girls 7:30-8:30 pm
UDFC is looking for volunteers to chair events, serve on committees and help out wherever needed. We need occasional help, regular help and any kind of help we can get. Volunteering is a wonderful way to meet new people and give back to the community. Email email@example.com to get involved.
We are looking for volunteers for:
- Registration committee (promotion, signs, in-person registrations)
- Inventory/ UDFC Clothing committee (designing, ordering, stocking)
- Special Events Committee (chairing, committee work, event helper)
- Summer season coaches and managers
- Social Media Committee
- Sponsorship Committee
Leadership Seminars for Women
Through CAAWS and Sport NS, UDFC is excited to host a number of seminars to build knowledge and competence within our organization to successfully engage girls and women as participants and leaders. The first seminar we will be hosting is about communication and will take place in Jan/Feb on a Thursday evening (TBD). If you are interested in receving an invitation to this free session or future sessions, please fill out this quick form. https://forms.gle/XYFsjWSeb4STUbk79
Session #1: Effective Communication (date and location TBA)
In the workplace, effective communication is the foundation for better job performance and relationship building. After this workshop participants will be more strategic and efficient in their communication.
- Consider the importance of your personal brand
- Learn about four distinct communication styles, and identify your preferred style
- Discuss electronic communication and social media etiquette, and how to avoid common pitfalls
Did you Know? Soccer Insurance
Did you know that all registered players who get injured playing soccer in a UDFC program/team have insurance through Soccer NS? It is part of your registration fees. If your child is injured playing soccer for our club, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the claim process. (Your initial claims go through your family’s primary (and secondary) medical plan(s) first. The Soccer NS insurance will pick up most of the remaining balance not covered by personal insurance.)
Article of the Week for Parents
Each week UDFC will include an article taken from the Working With Parents In Sport website. Remember as a member of UDFC, you have unlimited access to the website. See below information on how to access.
1. Click on this link:
2. Select Parents in Sport Members Area to the basket.
3. Add the code UNIDFC19 – this will ZERO out the price and then you will need to follow the registration process.
4. As a user when you click in the member’s area, you will be able to find all of the amazing content in coaches’ corner, parent zone and the high performance area.
Article of the week: A short but powerful video called – A Letter to my Parents
https://www.parentsinsport.co.uk/2019/10/29/a A fantastic short video put together by Arsenal academy players for their parents. The video encompasses much of what we discuss in our workshops around the importance of the type of support that we give as parents and how that is perceived by our children.
Share your wonderful news with us on social media. Like/ Tag United DFC by adding @UnitedDFC on your social media posts.
You can find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @UnitedDFC. Please like and share our posts.
Summary of Important Dates:
- January 6 – Office opens after Holiday Break
- January 7- Small Group Training begins
- January 12- Adult Kick Around begins- 8-9 pm, $10 drop in fee
- February 2020- Summer registration potentially opens
- February 22 – UDFC goes to the Mooseheads Game