Volunteers Wanted (and appreciated)
UDFC is looking for volunteers to chair events, serve on committees and help out wherever needed. We need occasional help, regular help and any kind of help we can get. Volunteering is a wonderful way to meet new people and give back to the community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
We are looking for volunteers for:
- Registration committee (promotion, signs, in-person registrations)
- Inventory/ UDFC Clothing committee (designing, ordering, stocking)
- Special Events Committee (chairing, committee work, event helper)
- Summer season coaches and managers
- Social Media Committee
- Sponsorship Committee
Mooseheads Game – UDFC is going back to Moose Country – Feb 22
United DFC heads back to Moose Country!! Join us on Saturday, Feb 22 @ the Halifax Mooseheads Game vs Rouyn-Noranda. Puck drops at 7 pm. Join us in sections 15-20. Get tickets at the UDFC office for $15 each.
Club Website- Under Construction
We are getting very close to launching our new club website. Thank you for your patience. While we transition, our current website has been doing some strange things and posting old information. If you need any information in the meantime, please email your coach or contact email@example.com
Co-ed Adult Kick Around
Registration for the adult kick around is now open. The time has changed FROM Saturday afternoon TO Sunday evenings 8-9 pm. Just like Recess Soccer, you show up, make teams and play! There is no referee and the group makes their own calls. It is a lot of fun. All welcome!
- The program will run from January 12, 2020 – June 2020
- Games are held at East Coast Varsity in Woodside Industrial Park on Sundays from 8-9 pm
- Play is open to men and women 19 years of age or older.
- Cost: $210 until June or drop in fee: $10 per session
- Full Registration for those paying $210 (includes joining the email list): https://udfc.demospheresecure.com/_registration#welcome
- Open to EVERYONE! Parents, Friends, Volunteers – Men and Women 19 and older. All levels welcome!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Small Group Training Update
UDFC is pleased to announce our Small Group Training is back with a revised schedule. Participating players are seeing improvement in their skill level and enjoying the challenge of a high quality, engaging session tailored to their specific needs and areas to improve. National B License coach, Mike Locke and his staff continue to run the small group sessions. One noteworthy change is the addition of a Sunday EVENING session for U9 and 10 players. Please visit https://udfc.ca/2019/10/28/udfc-small-group-training/ or email email@example.com if you are interested. Sessions are $40 each. Some groups are as small as 2-3 players. Players get specific feedback and individual instruction with high repetitions.
- Tuesday – U13+ (option 1) 6-7:30 am
- Wednesday – U12 Girls and Boys 6-7:30 am
- Thursday – U13+ (option 2) 6-7:30 am
- Friday – U11 Boys and Girls 6-7:30 am
- Sunday EVENING – U9/10 boys and girls 7:30-8:30 pm
Leadership Seminars for Women
Through CAAWS and Sport NS, UDFC is excited to host a number of seminars to build knowledge and competence within our organization to successfully engage girls and women as participants and leaders. The first seminar we will be hosting is about communication and will take place in Jan/Feb on a Thursday evening (TBD). If you are interested in receving an invitation to this free session or future sessions, please fill out this quick form. https://forms.gle/XYFsjWSeb4STUbk79
Session #1: Effective Communication (date and location TBA)
In the workplace, effective communication is the foundation for better job performance and relationship building. After this workshop participants will be more strategic and efficient in their communication.
- Consider the importance of your personal brand
- Learn about four distinct communication styles, and identify your preferred style
- Discuss electronic communication and social media etiquette, and how to avoid common pitfalls
Did you know?
Did you know our very own Adam Miller won a very presitgious award in November? Adam was awarded the National Canadian Coach Program (NCCP) Coach Developer Award for outstanding individuals who have gone above and beyond to develop certified and trained NCCP coaches in their communities. The award was presented at the Soccer NS Awards night in November.
Share your wonderful news with us on social media. Like/ Tag United DFC by adding @UnitedDFC on your social media posts.
You can find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @UnitedDFC. Please like and share our posts.
Summary of Important Dates:
- February 2020- Summer registration potentially opens
- February 22 – UDFC goes to the Mooseheads Game