Women’s World Cup Update
There is some amazing soccer being played in the Womens World Cup. Canada won its second game 2-0 vs New Zealand to earn a place in the round of 16. Canada’s next game is Thursday, June 20 vs Netherlands. Share photos from your World Cup viewing parties!! @UnitedDFC
Men’s National Team playing in Concacaf Gold Cup Tournament
Our Men’s National team is playing in the Concacaf Gold Cup International Tournament. Canada won its first game against Martinique 4-0. Their next game is Wednesday, June 19 vs Mexico.
UDFC U7/U8 Jamboree a Huge Success!
Congratulations to all of the UDFC U7/U8 Skill Center players, parents and staff for running a top notch Jamboree at Cole Harbour Place on Saturday. It was an outstanding success. Be sure to share your photos on social media. @United DFC
UDFC Premier Teams Update:
Mens – The UDFC AAA Premier Men’s team is currently in first place.
June 12, UDFC 2 vs Valley 1
June 16, UDFC vs Highland
Wednesday, June 19 7 pm vs City AAA Men @Mainland Commons
Sunday, June 23 3 pm vs Dunbrack @Harbour East
Women- The UDFC AAA Premier Women’s team is currently in third place.
June 12, UDFC 0 vs Dunbrack 2
Next games –
Sunday, June 23, 1:00 pm vs Surburban FC @ Harbour East
Click here for the full schedule.
Did you know?
Youth Running Series – Team UDFC
The Youth Running Series is a development series of running races for the youth of NS. Community clubs (like UDFC) earn points when their members attend the Youth Running Series Races and the clubs with the highest points win cash prizes. Races cost $5 each and there is one on June 22 at Shubie Park in Dartmouth. Check out the website at youthrunningseries.ca for more information. Remember to sign in as UDFC.
Congratulations to all UDFC players who will received academic, leadership and citizenship awards this month. Share with us on social media by tagging us at @UnitedDFC or email firstname.lastname@example.org . We are proud of your effort and accomplishments.
You can find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @UnitedDFC.
Help us celebrate – tweet on social media when great things happen to UDFC players and families. Email email@example.com for anything you think should be communicated in Need To Know. Deadline is Sunday at noon each week.
Summary of Important Dates:
- Ongoing in person registration – in office and online
- Wednesday, June 19– UDFC Spirit days – wear your UDFC clothes to school and work #UDFCspirit
- Saturday, June 22 – Youth Running Series Running Race – $5 Shubie Park – sign in as UDFC
- Wednesday, June 26– UDFC Spirit days – wear your UDFC clothes to school and work #UDFCspirit
- Friday, June 28th – Report Card Day!! Summer officially begins
- July 1st – Happy Birthday Canada
- July 8th – July 12th – Soccer Camp – Week 1 Cole Harbour
- July 15th – July 19th – Soccer Camp – Week 2 -Dartmouth High
- Monday, July 15 – Eastlink TV Game – UDFC U15 AAA girls vs Surburban FC 6:30 pm Kick off
- July 22nd – July 26th – Soccer Camp -Week 3 – Cole Harbour
- Monday, July 29 – Eastlink TV Game – UDFC Premier Senior Men vs Valley 6:30 pm Kick off – Mainland Commons, Halifax
- August 5th – August 9th – Soccer Camp -Week 4- Dartmouth High
- Week 5 – August 12th – August 16th – Soccer Camp -Week 5 -Cole Harbour
- Week 6 – August 19th – August 23rd – Soccer Camp -Week 6 – Dartmouth High
- Aug 17/18 Soccer by the Sea Year End Jamboree for U10C, 12C and mini teams