NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
to be held on September 23 at 7:00 p.m. at Cole Harbour Place
Annual General Meeting
The items of business of the Annual General Meeting will be:
- Roll Call;
- Approval of the minutes of preceding general meeting;
- Presidents Address;
- Consideration of the director reports;
- Treasurer’s Reports and Financial Statement;
- Amendments to by-laws;
- Presentation and approval of the current year’s budget;
- Election of Executive and the Board of Directors;
- Old business; and,
- New business.
There will be a special motion to approve amendments to the bylaws. A copy of the amendments to the bylaws are provided here:
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Board of Directors
United DFC is accepting nominations for the positions of President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and six (6) Directors for a three-year term commencing after the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
The Committee is seeking qualified candidates to play a role in the stewardship of the organization.
Directors and Officers shall serve without remuneration and shall not receive any profit from their positions.
The current call for nominations is for the following Board positions:
- President (two-year term)
- Vice President (two-year term)
- Secretary (two-year term)
- Treasurer (two-year term)
- Six (6) Directors
- Three (3) Directors (one-year term)
- Two (2) Directors (two-year term)
- One (1) Directors (three-year term)
Some of the areas of expertise that the Nominations Committee is looking for include: executive level human resources, finance, law, and risk assessment. We also encourage people with other competencies, including an interest in soccer, to seek nomination.
THE NOMINATIONS PROCESS
Nominations for the positions of Executive and Board of Directors shall be made by Members, and each nomination must be submitted in writing, together with a resume of the nominee’s credentials, to the Secretary of the Board no less than ten days prior to the Annual General Meeting at which the nomination is to be considered. For clarity, a Member can nominate themselves.
Nominations may be made from the floor for positions that do not have prior nominations as per the above process.
Nominations are due to United DFC by 5:00 pm AST on September 13, 2018;
The Nominations Committee may also seek out nominees that it feels are necessary to address the needs of the Association.
The slate of nominees above shall be nominees for the positions of Executive and Directors at the Annual General Meeting.
Candidates for nomination are required to complete and submit all the following documents to be considered. Please note that failure to complete or submit all forms may result in disqualification.
- Nomination Form
- Candidate Resume (maximum 4 pages)
- Three references
- Current CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Check documents (myBackCheck.com) that is not older than six months. If Candidates do not have a current CPIC or VSC they will need to be completed as a condition of volunteering with United DFC.
The Nomination Form is available here: United DFC Nomination Form
Please submit completed documents via email or by hard copy according to the above deadlines to:
Secretary, United DFC Soccer Club
75 MacDonald Ave, Unit 4, Dartmouth NS
Board Subcommittees & Operating Committees
There are additional opportunities to play leadership roles in the club and support the growth of soccer through volunteering on subcommittees and operating committees. United DFC is accepting applications for qualified volunteers in the following committees/areas:
- Nominations and Governance
- Human Resources & Conflict Resolution
- Recruitment & Registration
- Player Retention & Experience
- Equipment Management
- PR & Stakeholder Relations
For more information or to express interest in one of these areas, please email Secretary@UDFC.ca