United DFC recognizes that circumstances change, and people may choose or need to reconsider their decision to register for soccer. At the same time, the Club makes decisions on staffing, team composition, and incur costs based on player registrations. This policy is intended to provide guidance and clarity on the criteria and timelines for refunds.
There are many different reasons why refunds may be required, and all are not treated equal. Below are the categories, criteria and eligibility:
- Immediate Reconsideration: Players who pay with a cheque, money order, credit card or cash and who submit written notice of withdrawal within 48 hours of payment, prior to participating in any program-related activity and before the payment has been processed, will receive a full refund.
- Cancellation of program by United DFC: If a program is cancelled prior to initiation, full refunds will be provided to registrants. If a program is cancelled after start-up, refunds will be pro-rated
- Medical Reasons: If an illness or injury prevents the player from participating further in any program for which they have enrolled, a portion of the fees will be refunded upon request. Following the deduction of any administrative, League, District, Soccer Nova Scotia or other applicable costs that may apply, the refund will be pro-rated according to the duration of the program remaining after either the date the written request is received or the date of the illness/injury as per a physician’s note.
- Move Out of Area: If the individual leaves the United DFC catchment area and can no longer reasonably participate in a program, a portion of the fees will be refunded upon request. Following the deduction of any administrative, League, District, Soccer Nova Scotia or other applicable costs that may apply, the refund will be pro-rated according to the duration of the program remaining after either the date the written request is received or the date of the move, whichever is later.
- Other: Refunds that do not meet the criteria outlined above will be eligible for a refund based on the refund schedule outlined in this policy.
- Deadline for Full Refund: 14 days prior to the program start.
- Deadline for Full Refund less Administrative & SNS Fees: Program start date
- Deadline for 50% Refund less Administrative & SNS Fees: 14 days post program start date
Exceptions: Any exception to this policy must be approved by the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Submit refund requests in writing (email, letter or fax) to the United DFC. The extent of the refund will depend on the date that the written request is received (unless otherwise specified). Please explain the reason for the request.
- Refunds involving cheque or money order payments will be issued after the payment has been cleared through United DFC’s financial institution.
- Refunds involving on-line credit card payments will be issued by cheque after United DFC has received notification of the approved credit card payment from the online registration system.
- Refunds will be issued by cheque upon approval of refund.
Refunds may take up to 30 days to process.